Thursday, October 2, 2008

NEED ENERGIZED


I have discovered this week that it has been extremely hard to stay focused. I get up and feel like I have no energy. I determine that the next day will be better and when I wake up I can't always follow through. For example, my hubby was awake most of the night. He woke me up twice with loud screams due to leg cramps. That was bad enough but then he forgot to shut the alarm off and after ringing at least 3 times, I gave up on trying to get a full 8 hours of sleep. I did get up around 8:00 and took my Effexor and let it kick in. It took a couple of hours before I felt ready to face the world but know I am on track.

At times like this I wish I could turn a switch on and go full speed into manic mode. It sounds like a good option only I know that I can't get on the old roller coaster. When I ride the waves of bipolar without medicine I remember how I felt before going on medicine. I can't go back to that. It's too much of an emotional mood swing that leaves me completely out of focus.

No comments: