Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BIPOLAR I


I have never actually talked about this since I don't have this type of bipolar but it seems worth mentioning. This type of bipolar is an extreme version which has the person on a full blown mania stage. They never seem to run out of energy and can go on very little sleep. Occasionally it catches up with them but after a day or two of extra sleep the manic stage returns.

I read somewhere that bipolar can be compared to a cocaine high. If they get out of control due to hours of non-stop activity they may become psychotic are require hospitalization against their will. They may also have trouble with the police. I'm guessing that the extreme manic phase must be like a wild adrenaline rush. If the person cannot relax the hospitalization may be necessary to calm everything down.

No comments: