Saturday, November 15, 2008

JOY OF COOKING RETURNS


This may or may not be related to bipolar but it seems worth mentioning here. After a couple of nights of getting completely rested I feel more like myself. I worked on making apple butter, something I have never done before. I am feeling more like being in the kitchen again and when I take on even simple projects like making jam or making a casserole I have a sense of accomplishment. I actually feel like I am ready to get back to enjoying time in the kitchen, something I haven't done for years.

All those years of cooking for a house full of boys and kids made me feel like I never wanted to cook again. More than one person has told me they felt the same way. I think maybe I am over that bump and am ready to get back to something I always loved.

No comments: