Thursday, September 4, 2008

BIPOLAR 1 v BIPOLAR 2


Anyone who is bipolar knows that there are two basic types of the disorder with a number of in-between patterns. I am BIPOLAR 2 which means that I have certain periods of depression followed by periods of high energy or mania. The medication I take helps to keep my brain chemistry balanced so that life is more evenly balanced

BIPOLAR 1 is normally used to describe someone who always seems to be on a very high energy level and keep long hours with very little sleep. Many executives perform at a level that involves handling a variety of tasks that the average person couldn’t reasonably handle. That type of non-stop energy is one way to explain Bipolar 1.

(*Please note that this does not mean that I think all executive CEO’s are bipolar or manic. They’re not. I am just using the example of the heavy work load to describe the fast pace that most of them handle.. A person who is truly Bipolar 1 would have problems ever resting or slowing down the pace.)

No comments: