Thursday, September 4, 2008

SIDE EFFECTS OF MEDS


I find myself just coming out of a period of anxiety (panic attack)and nervousness due to some medication, probably the Effexor. I'm trying to balance the dosage since 225 mg. didn't seem to be working. I'm up to 300 mg. but it seems to be too strong to take every day. I will try to rotate between 225mg one day, 300mg the next.


I have read on other sites where people have mixed feelings about this drug. For me, it came after several years with other antidepressants, none of which worked very well. The medication seems to be helping but I didn't think ahead about the long-term cost especially when I am on retirement. I probably should mention that I have had therapy and am on a regular scheduled visit to a doctor who monitors my feelings, etc. Does anyone else have personal experiences with this drug?


I probably should mention that there is a hereditary factor for depression and bi-polar disorder. I only learned of it recently but apparently it has been evident in at least three generations.

No comments: