Thursday, September 4, 2008

THE UPS AND DOWNS


July 1, 2008

Two days of exhaustion and no energy for anything. Why? I just wake up groggy (do not drink) and out of sorts. Little things bother me and just resting helps. I so often forget to give myself time to actually relax. I am so used to being on the go that I forget that is okay to have some time to read a book, write an article, or just lounge in a chair on the back deck. Yea, that’s the depressive side taking over just for a while. It will pass and the upswing will take over.


When I was first diagnosed I was manic for about 6 months and depressive for about 6 months. Now the ups and downs are much less. If something difficult comes along, then I tend to be on the depressive side of the disorder. After I am rested and relieved that the stressor is off or reduced, then the manic side shows its face. I like it better since I have much more energy and I feel more in control of myself and what I do.


I have to learn to read the signs of this disorder and keep in touch with my feelings in order to move ahead and stay focused on the important things in life.

No comments: