Thursday, September 4, 2008

HOW DOES THE MIND WORK?


I found an excellent website that is worthy of reading. Some analogies were so clear cut and understandable because the writer has such terrific insight.

During the depressive state of being bipolar the whole mind slows down. This author says the mind slows down like molasses. I probably wouldn't have thought of that but the comparison is so accurate. I like that idea.

The other side of the coin is the manic stage in which the mind is energized and races. During those times I have as many as six or more thoughts going through my mind and I could easily start a project and probably work around the clock for several days. Recently the longest I have been up without sleep was 4 days but it was due to leaving my Seroquel at home. On the same website above the author likens the manic stage as being very similar to a high that someone might experience on drugs or like a race car going out of control. Again, I like the comparison.

You really have to check out this site. It will explain more on the topic from someone who is very knowledgeable in the medical field and knows more on the disorder than I do, naturally. very knowledgeable on writing medical articles.

Health A to Z: A World of Health at your Fingertips; “Bipolar Disorder" http://www.healthatoz.com

No comments: