Thursday, September 4, 2008

THE GUYS IN THE WHITE JACKETS


I thought about this while I was driving yesterday. This phrase is so ingrained into us as children/teens that we believe it. “There coming to take me away! There coming to take me away!” Any weird thing we do that seems odd to us or to others sends a chill down my back because I believed it was true,

Facing up to a problem is not easy and on my first visit to a psychologist, notice not a psychiatrist, I was not scared…I was petrified. Opening up myself and my feelings to someone else who could see right through me was hard. But after the first session things got a little easier with each following visit.

Do you want to have your kids battle the same feelings in their own life? Not all children will be bipolar in a family but there is a hereditary factor. Give them the opportunity to learn from your experiences and show them a better way to handle things.

No comments: