Thursday, September 11, 2008

I CAN'T CONCENTRATE


Did you ever have one of those days when you couldn’t focus or concentrate on anything? Did it frustrate you? How did you handle it?

Perhaps the thing that can really irritate me is the inability to concentrate. I try to do something like read a book or write and I feel like I am just staring off into space and no matter how hard I want to get something done it is just not going to happen. Most people actually experience this more than once in life, but for the bipolar person it seems to happen more than I want do admit. Normally for me it is due to not getting enough sleep or being very emotional. Sometimes if I take a short nap or give myself permission to watch television I feel better and once I am rested I can concentrate. On other days, I just have to chalk it up to being bipolar. I have to keep reminding myself that this chemical balance is real; it is not imaginary. So for one day or maybe even two I give up on the concentration and realize that tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Abs said...

This happens to me more often than not. I am trying to get some of my short stories published and i am finding it very difficult to send of submissions as the more doors that are put up the more i cnt concerntrate and move onto something else. I know my books are good enough but i am stopping myself from achiveing my dream and its starting to really take its toll. I want to stop percrastinating and focus on becoming a published childrens book author. Maybe one day hay!!