Thursday, September 11, 2008

EXTREME EMOTIONS


The mood swings of being bipolar can be exhausting. One minute you feel great, ready to take on the whole world and maybe energized so much that you can stay up way longer than you should. The next minute you are agitated or are crying for no apparent reason. Sometimes it is as easy as someone saying absolutely nothing at all that should bother you but for some reason one word or a statement can cause a crying jag or depression.

On some days I find myself moving into what I like to call “kill mode” where anything or anyone who gets in my way better leave me alone. That includes my husband and the cat. You may wonder where all the emotions came from and why you can’t just “get over it”. Remember being bipolar is actually classified as extreme mood swings and don’t hit yourself over the head because you don’t like it or can’t understand it. It’s the stupid disease!!

No comments: