Thursday, September 4, 2008

LOUSY WEEK


This has absolutely been the roughest week I have been through in a long time. I was tired after the 4th of July weekend and it seemed like no matter how hard I tried to get rested, I was completely frazzled the whole week. No energy at all. I was nervous and tense. I guess that the fact that the air conditioning was off for three days of the week didn’t help. It went out on Tuesday evening, again on Wednesday evening, and when I came home Thursday after an appointment in El Dorado it was a cool 82 degrees inside. And naturally the temps outside was in the high 90’s-–probably the hottest week we have had this summer.


The job interview at the church was another difficult day. Over-tired and not even sure if I wanted the job in the first place, I headed to the church. Eyes swollen from crying and being very emotional, I came to interview with one person and came face to face with a whole room of people from the personnel committee. I knew each one of them but wasn’t expecting that type of interview. I think I did a fair job but with all the accounting and tax preparation and regular office duties I am leaning towards not taking the job. I want to be able to worship at church without seeing everyone’s real side/problems. I’m not calling it quits yet but I will think of it for another week.


The piece de resistance was when my husband came home Thursday and told me that he would have to work 24/7 for the next few weeks until the audit was finished. I was disappointed but in the middle of the night when my cat woke me up with a territorial marking and I discovered that my husband was still up, I totally lost it. I feel so alone and whenever I want to talk or just have him listen to me, he is either not at home or he falls asleep. Bummer. And the eating has gotten out of control. Rather than eat very little or even try to work on a good eating plan, I have changed my approach to a complete overeating pattern. Stuffing my face with food it not what I want but it seems to be the only way to bring any comfort to me. How in the world will I ever get over this mess??

No comments: