Thursday, September 4, 2008

TOO HARD TO HANDLE


It started out with the AC going out. Of course it was on a day that was 90+ degrees outside. And this wasn’t the first time this summer that we had to deal with the inside of the house being way too warm. Grouchy. That’s how it made me feel. And although I did get some sleep, it meant that I had to cancel several things on my calendar. Grrrr.


Another day with no motivation. Oh, yes, I mowed the lawn, but that’s about all. I tried to keep calm and relax for an afternoon job interview but the more I tried to relax, the harder it became. Giving up was becoming a really good choice. Trash the job interview and rest on the couch and let the tiredness seep throughout my body. Oh, it was tempting. And yes, I did have my fingers dialing a couple of phone numbers but for some reason God stopped me.


I didn’t want to give up. I had to work through this problem somehow. With some prayer and encouragement from Terry, I was able to somehow make it through the interview. I did my best but haven’t a clue as to whether or not it was good enough. I did realize exactly what the job encompassed and recognize that it is something that I really don’t want to do. I have no desire to work on financial statements. Organizing, typing, putting my thoughts on paper and making things sound professional are more up my alley. I came out of my comfort zone and stretched my abilities beyond their normal range and succeeded. That’s it. I made it. Overcoming bipolar can happen, it just takes work, plenty of it.

No comments: