Thursday, September 4, 2008

KEEPING FOCUSED


I had a fairly routine morning. I did take about an hour to rest around 10:30 and felt better. I really come alive around 1:30 pm. Today I wanted to do some writing and editing of some older articles that I now see in a much different way now. Anyway, I was feeling so bummed out when I started--probably a little overwhelmed--that I considered hitting the delete button on all the Word documents related to writing. (I should add that there are almost 100 articles that I have written.)

Something inside told me to walk away and take control. I may have felt that they were "nothing" at all, just unconnected thoughts, but I got busy with something else. When I came back 2 hours later, I knew that I had done a great job with the articles and that I did have a talent. Don't let the emotions and depression take control over your life. Keep focused and no matter how insignificant things seem, don't make any decisions until later.

No comments: