Thursday, September 4, 2008

FAMILY IS IMPORTANT


I started my day rested and things fell into place easily. I used my time to write a short article on an event that happened and made an impression on me. It helped me to get my feelings down on paper. Later I accessed my email only to find that two of my uncles are having health issues. One is battling congestive heart failure and is now getting around with a walker. The other one has struggled with diabetes and a heart condition for years and he suffered a light stroke this week. I no longer live in Ohio where my parents, cousins, aunts and uncles are located. In fact, I live almost 1200 miles away.


This news made me realize just how important family connections are and the need to stay in close touch with family throughout the years. My early years were influenced by a tight-knit family unit but learning to let go of the past is not easy. I have to learn to accept the finality of all life. It’s not easy but over the next few months or years I think I will try to remember just how much each of these special people meant to me. Yes, life is fragile and the window to our soul lies beneath the surface of each of us.

No comments: