Sunday, September 14, 2008

BRUSHING THE GLOOMY CLOUDS AWAY


This topic in one that is far easier to write about than to actually do. I have a tendency to be more depressive most of the time and for years I was diagnosed with clinical depression. Is the glass half full or half empty? With me, my depressive side always says half-empty. I know all the right things to do but actually making my mind snap to attention is not so easy. Ir's so easy to crawl back into bed, stay inside the house, or let the depression take over. I know. I've been there and I still struggle with it now.

The rules are: (1) get out of the house (2) find something interesting to do (3) exercise (ugh! I hate that and usually avoid it)---and yes, I know I should do it (4) call or visit a friend who understands you and can give you support. (5) turn on the lights in a room to make the rooms bright (6) put on some music--upbeat and the kind that won't keep you depressed. (7) go to a restaurant or mall or some place where people surround you but don't overwhelm you

Now if only I could follow my own advice every day I would be just fine!!

No comments: